The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modeling and drafting in Archicad. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By matthew555
Hi, lot of difficulties to try to fix a roof on Archicad 24, I had 2 slopes of a roof, one higher and one lower and a wall, so used to trim the wall with the command "Trim Elements to Roof/Shell" including all the 3 elements, after this, the lower slope of one roof depend directly from the higher roof and when I modify the higher one the lower automatically change as the higher one, and plus, it came an ugly strange wall as I change the distance of the edge of the roof !
How can I bring independent back the lower roof from the higher and more of all how can I delete the wall from my view ??
1 pic added, take a look.
Thanks in advance
Manuel
Attachments
122.png
By Lingwisyer
By higher roof you are talking about the roof on the left and lower being the roof on the right? And the wall is a continuous wall that runs under both roofs?
matthew555 wrote:How can I bring independent back the lower roof from the higher

Select the lower roof and you should see a small icon with a four connected squares in it which you can click on an see a list of all connections. From this list you can remove the desired connection.

Regarding that wall, split it in two.

Ling.