The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modeling and drafting in Archicad. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, gkmethy, mnguyen

By LaszloNagy
Rob,

We are actually talking about the Auto-Rebuild of Tabs.
We are not talking about Auto-Update of Views placed on Layouts as Drawings.
By PVBergkrantz
rob2218 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:08 pm the "hangup" by deactivating the "auto update" is that heaven forbid you are in a crunch and just go to publish the PDF set....and notice your views are NOT updated.....yer screwed.

Also...auto-update keeps everything current.

I don't know why there's even the ability to NOT auto-update.
silly in my opinion. you ALWAYS want your views...ALL your views...updated at all times.
If you are working with layouting stuff on multiple pages with a couple of facades on each, jumping between pages, moving text, etc its a big pain to have auto update on. But there should be a third option, "auto update on publish".
By LaszloNagy
My "Best Practice" is to use the Drawing Manager to check the status of all Drawings and update them as necessary before publishing. That way it can be guaranteed that they will all display the latest state of the project, even if they are set to "Manual Update".
By rob2218
LaszloNagy wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:04 pm Rob,

We are actually talking about the Auto-Rebuild of Tabs.
We are not talking about Auto-Update of Views placed on Layouts as Drawings.
Ok, I see...I get it. the "tabs" that you have open at the time of your work session. I get it. Still......don't have so many tabs "open"....just keep the floor plan tab, or ONE elevation tab or ONE 3d tab and that's it....why have 12 to 16 tabs open for "when" you need to jump into them.....dunno but I've always found that those 'tabs' that are at the top are a bit distracting. Sure..you may say they are convenient but they take up a lot of resource power from your machine.
Attachments
opentabs.png
opentabs.png (153.29 KiB) Viewed 64 times