The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modeling and drafting in Archicad. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, gkmethy, mnguyen

Braza wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:27 pm I managed to combine Reveal (With the last option) and Wall Closure (with Plaster Reveal Option).
In the Reveal Setting you can control both sides respective skins.
Just checked the 2d and its ok.
Hope this helps
It really does the job but it is kind of a cheating with wall settings rather than correct solution, but as workaround it is quite nice, thank you for that.
I want to know why those settings are closed for hinged doors in my case, for user Lingwisyer the settings are not frozen and those are editable, really strange situation.
Jan dapond wrote:It really does the job but it is kind of a cheating with wall settings rather than correct solution, but as workaround it is quite nice, thank you for that.
I am glad it helped. :)
Do you see any limitation in this solution?
Its because I think workarounds implies something that couldn't be achieved.
If your goal was 100% achieved then you have one possible solution, right? :)
No limitations I see from first sight.

"Its because I think workarounds implies something that couldn't be achieved."

Disagree , what "could't be achieved" in that case? workarounds are ok when you have no such functionality in software, but see post #328367 with that image

My goal is to understand why archicad shows menu "turn plaster" frozen for hinged doors while for user Lingwisyer it's not frozen as you can see above.
Jan dapond wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:40 am My goal is to understand why archicad shows menu "turn plaster" frozen for hinged doors while for user Lingwisyer it's not frozen as you can see above.

It is really hard to say without having the file.
Maybe the library language version (i.e. USA is slightly different to INT) - what language version are you using?
Could be some other setting in the door that is blocking those settings.
Maybe it is the wall composite type (just a hunch).

Rather than us having access to the whole file, select the wall and door in plan and then save the selection as a module file.
Than attach the MOD file here (you may need to zip it as MOD files are not allowed as attachments) or share it via a cloud share.

Barry.
Barry Kelly wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:03 am
Jan dapond wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:40 am My goal is to understand why archicad shows menu "turn plaster" frozen for hinged doors while for user Lingwisyer it's not frozen as you can see above.

It is really hard to say without having the file.
Maybe the library language version (i.e. USA is slightly different to INT) - what language version are you using?
Could be some other setting in the door that is blocking those settings.
Maybe it is the wall composite type (just a hunch).

Rather than us having access to the whole file, select the wall and door in plan and then save the selection as a module file.
Than attach the MOD file here (you may need to zip it as MOD files are not allowed as attachments) or share it via a cloud share.

Barry.
Hello ! I have no problem to access my file not big drawing anyway, so I will upload a sample wall new scene that has that frozen menu, pln file in rar archive. archicad is 24 6001 international version.
Thank you for your time !
Attachments
(3.61 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
One more thing that I think directly related to above issue.

test.jpg
test.jpg (185.83 KiB) Viewed 105 times

Selected left door is default hinged door which is not only have turn plaster option disabled but also don't turns the plaster when custom closure is chosen and consider skin as plaster is checked.
I have same settings for right door which is storefront door and it works, I would use storefront by default but hinged door looks more like I want to see it in other views. what might be wrong with hinged doors in my archicad ?
I will upload that scene also maybe that will help, just simple wall.
Attachments
(3.63 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Are you able to please ZIP the files?
I have nothing that can open a RAR file.

Barry.
Barry Kelly wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:08 am Are you able to please ZIP the files?
I have nothing that can open a RAR file.

Barry.
Sure, uploading here tells me "file too large" but it is only 5.5 megs, I will post a link from filehost

https://file.re/2021/06/18/test-scene-archicad/

it is red ribbon at the bottom of that page and download button , hope that zip will be extracted well, thank you !
Jan dapond wrote:My goal is to understand why archicad shows menu "turn plaster" frozen for hinged doors while for user Lingwisyer it's not frozen as you can see above.
This is because you probably have your casings on.
Braza wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:46 am
Jan dapond wrote:My goal is to understand why archicad shows menu "turn plaster" frozen for hinged doors while for user Lingwisyer it's not frozen as you can see above.
This is because you probably have your casings on.
Well that was it ! Thank you so much Braza! I didn't turn them on and if they are turned on by default why I don't see them on plan ? how to make them visible like on image below?

casing.png
casing.png (5.98 KiB) Viewed 81 times

Barry thanks for your time too.