The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modelling and drafting in ARCHICAD. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By MiccalM
How can I create a stair that continues for multiple levels?
By NCornia
All of the stair objects can be adjusted for height, so you can make them as tall as you want. The only thing is that if the stair is a U or L shaped stair they are only going to retain the 2 runs. Could make for a steep climb. :)

If you want a u-shaped stair to run multiple stories you will need to place the stair on each story with a landing at each level for one stair to end on and the other to begin.

Download the ArchiCAD Essentials interactive training guide :http://www.graphisoft.com/education/training_guides/

Chapter 4 Make stairs -

Chapter 5 Make openings for stairs -

You can also make your own stairs using slabs, complex walls and so on.
By jfa_ra
We were able to create a stair tower with a series of of stairs that extend vertically through the shaft. While each flight of the stair is a separate object, the inside guard/handrail is a single object the extents the full height of the stair.
(It took a series adjustments to get the tread offsets as desired.)

Regards,

Joe A.
(since 8.0)
Attachments
Stair 1.jpg
By LaszloNagy
True.
And ARCHICAD's Stair Tool does dozens of things Revit's Stair cannot. :wink:
By theotheranony
LaszloNagy wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:56 pm
True.
Such as causing the user to have a mental breakdown..
By Bricklyne Clarence
theotheranony wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:25 pm
LaszloNagy wrote:
True.
Such as causing the user to have a mental breakdown..

Then why not use Revit?

Why use a software that you feel gives you mental breakdowns only to complain about it?
I can't imagine myself over at Revit forums complaining about how difficult and complicated it is to use, when I can just......NOT use it at all and save myself the headaches.
By chrrev
LaszloNagy wrote:
True.
I am facing this problem with the stair tool, it is a real shortcoming and I can see no reason why it could not be fixed.
Typical lower storeys in mixed-use developments have ground floors of anything between 6 to 8m and perhaps 3 or 4 levels above that which necessitate more than 2 flights...
Why on earth can't I just continue the stair past 2 flights is mind boggling...
I am definitely not interested in making comparisons with other softwares, but this is really lousy I have to say. Especially in light of the fact that the first post is dated 2011 and here we are 8 years later.

That does not take away anything from the fact Archicad is a great software, but the whole point of these forums is precisely to try and improve the product. I think it is a very poor approach to dismiss genuine issues with a silly statement that Archicad stair tool can do things Revit can't. We should not get to that level, it is useless.