The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modelling and drafting in ARCHICAD. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

I'd like to know if its possible to have part of another AC model linked into another totally separate AC file? I'd like to be able to have two instances open of AC with two separate files open, one master file and another with a model that's linked into the master, and when edited, is reflected in the master file. Is this possible?
It is possible, this is what Hotlinked Modules are for.
When the source file of the Hotlinked Module placed into the Master file is modified, you will need to update it manually in the Master file, it will not update automatically.
@LaszloNagy
For some reason the option to place hotlink is not an option, see screen shot. The second screen shot is directions to place a Hotlink Module...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 3.10.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 3.12.28 PM.png
Go to the Work Environment Dialog and add these missing commands to the File menu.
Maybe you have imported your Work Environment from a previous version and this is the4 reason why these commands are currently not in your File menu.
For some reason, its not even showing in the Work Environment settings. See screenshot.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 2.13.20 PM.png
If you are using the full version, then in your screen shot you are listing "All menus in alphabetical order".
Because the commands are not in your menus you will not see them.

Try listing "All commands in alphabetical order".

Barry.
I'm using solo, unfortunately. Thanks for the responses!