The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modelling and drafting in ARCHICAD. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

Hi Ignacio,

This is the reason why I said it is a trial-and-error process :( The Custom tread was not designed for this purpose (that's why I use only a very simple profile for the landing). I can give it a try to see if I can make it work somehow. Is it possible for you to share a copy of your stair (with all complex profiles you are using for the stair)?

Let me know if you need a secure link to send the file!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh
Hi All,

Thanks to Ignacio's file, we figure out what would be the best option in this case. Instead of using a custom complex profile to model the whole landing's finish, it can be done by using the default tread object, in this case, Tread 23, and add a Nosing: Custom Profile.

A custom profile can used as the Nosing Shape. This will give a much cleaner result in comparison to applying a custom profile for the whole landing finish. Then, with a bit more modification, you'll have the finish set up correctly on the landing.

To apply/remove the nosing at a given edge, please refer to this guide, scroll down to Define Custom Tread Segment: Front, Back, Left, Right section: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76597/

I hope this will give you an idea of how to model landing finish with custom profile!

Thank you for your contribution! Have a nice day, and stay safe!

Best regards,
Minh