The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modelling and drafting in ARCHICAD. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

By Zhihao1990
Hi there,

I am wondering why can't I editing curtain wall boundary in a section or elevation view? just can do that in 3D. view. Seems like everything is locked. but I can edit the other things like frames and panels. But not the scheme. the only thing I can do in the scheme is moving it.

Thanks.
Attachments
Skärmavbild 2020-03-19 kl. 11.19.06.png
By Christophe Fortineau
Hello Zhihao 1990,

Each type of view allows access to specific and appropriate commands. The interest is not to edit the object despite either. In a sectional or elevation view, it is possible (in some cases) that the curtain wall is partially visible. Editing it via this type of view therefore involves a risk. Different views are also tools that should be used correctly to get the best result. For example, a point of a mesh can be configured in 3D relative to another point (subjectively) or in 2D with a precise altitude coordinate. Two views = two objectives for the same logic > the best result !
By Zhihao1990
Christophe Fortineau wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:15 pm
Hello Zhihao 1990,

Each type of view allows access to specific and appropriate commands. The interest is not to edit the object despite either. In a sectional or elevation view, it is possible (in some cases) that the curtain wall is partially visible. Editing it via this type of view therefore involves a risk. Different views are also tools that should be used correctly to get the best result. For example, a point of a mesh can be configured in 3D relative to another point (subjectively) or in 2D with a precise altitude coordinate. Two views = two objectives for the same logic > the best result !
Thanks for your reply, I totally understand what you mean. But how come in some case you will be able to edit the boundary via a section or elevation, and how come in this case it is uneditable? that's something i am so confused about.