The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modelling and drafting in ARCHICAD. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By Barry Kelly
LucaP wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:56 am
BTW. Do you know if there is a wish for it?

With regards to hiding elements with GO - 3 that I can see, but as with many wishes they seem to incorporate other wishes as well or started out as something else.
Just as this has gone a little of topic from the original post (probably my fault).

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=56266

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=53427

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=67598

Maybe make a new clear wish (with a poll) if you really want this.

Barry.
By poco2013
Presently, an element in Archicad can only be assigned only one classification (per classification group). but each classification can have multiple properties assigned to it. That why I like the GO rule based method for visibility as it allows the user to establish its own criteria or have multiple criterias for each plan.

I also agree that the layer based scheme is absolutely essential as currently used and must remain. But that there should be additional options and criteria based visibility sounds like a good one to me.
By DGSketcher
poco2013 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:40 am
I also agree that the layer based scheme is absolutely essential as currently used and must remain. But that there should be additional options and criteria based visibility sounds like a good one to me.
+1 As BIM develops I can see that category display filtering could become an essential part of the modelling process, particularly where you have sub-elements that you need to identify or check. As an example you might have a layer for "Frames", the ability to only display the bracing & columns would be helpful if other content in the Frames layer made it too cluttered to edit. The same could be useful to ensure categories have been correctly applied. There is a tradeoff here between the number of layers to separate elements or controlling visibility through categories and each project will find its own balance. At one extreme you have one layer called model and everything is displayed by category, at the other you have the historic methodology of enough layers and no categories.