The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modelling and drafting in ARCHICAD. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By anto_bg
I need to intersect the selected wall with the thicker wall (which is not orthogonal) and I cannot intersect them seamlessly. Sometimes it works but when the wall is not orthogonal, no matter how I rotate the thinner wall it doesn't let me intersect them. Is there a solution?
Attachments
Intersect.png
By anto_bg
In addition to my first question - what I want to do is - to seamlessly merge the thinner corner walls (it's a pilaster) with the thicker walls. The problem is that if it works on the one side, on the other side they don't get properly merged/intersected. It's an old building with crooked walls and the intersection method does not always solve the problem.
Attachments
Corner.png
By anto_bg
Thank you! I used the poly wall. It partially worked. The only issue that remained unsolved - I need to either split it or somehow connected it to the other wall seamlessly. But if I split it - a line appears, if I try to intersect two poly walls - it doesn't let me do it.
Attachments
Corner2.png
By LaszloNagy
Make sure that you extend the Reference Line of the Polygonal Wall so it connects to the Reference Line of connecting Walls.
By anto_bg
Thank you! The issue got magically solved. After the fifth try, it worked. I don't know about the reference lines. I'll have them in mind for the next time. I just needed it seamlessly connected.
By LaszloNagy
You can use the "View > On-Screen- View Options > Wall and Beam Reference Lines" menu command to display or hide those Reference Lines. They probably join now. When you are editing a polygonal Wall geometry, the Reference Line location of the Polygonal Wall can also change, it can get shorter or longer.