The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modelling and drafting in ARCHICAD. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By Chris Grantham
Does anyone know how to offset a stair beam from the treads? I am using a complex profile for the beam and have tried adjusting the anchor point in the complex profile and anchoring to that, but to no avail.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Chris
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 11.39.18 AM.png
By Barry Kelly
Make sure you have the flight set to use the profile origin as the anchor point.
Then adjust you complex profile so the origin is above the actual profile by the distance you want.

If that doesn't work then I am not sure there is any other adjustment.

Barry.
Attachments
profile_origin.jpg
By Chris Grantham
Thanks for the response Barry. I actually got that to work, but it presents a whole new set of problems. Ha!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 2.20.24 PM.png
By LaszloNagy
Yes, those Secondary Supports do not adjust, because they assume the top of the Beam is not offset.
Right now you would probably have to delve into and modify the "Flight Beam 23" GDL Object to handle this issue.

I will forward this to GRAPHISOFT, call their attention to this. Its solution may be as little as modifying that GDL object for this to work correctly. Of course, the Beam offset would have to be a parameter of "Flight Beam 23" and not a workaround achieved by Complex Profiles.
By mnguyen
Hi All,

I hope everything is going well for you!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it into our WishList database (please refer to it as Wish #12747). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh