The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modeling and drafting in Archicad. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

Tim Ball wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:52 pm
Right click and change storey
That's what I don't want to do. I want "by elevation" to be the default so I just can drag stuff upwards/downwards without having to manually change story belogning.
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:14 pm
Tim Ball wrote:
That's what I don't want to do. I want "by elevation" to be the default so I just can drag stuff upwards/downwards without having to manually change story belonging.
I believe dragging in 3D will keep the current home storey unless you amend it as Tim suggested.
I don't think there is any option to change this functionality.

Cutting & pasting in the floor plan between storeys will change the home storey.

Barry.
Barry Kelly wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:20 am
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:14 pm
Tim Ball wrote:
That's what I don't want to do. I want "by elevation" to be the default so I just can drag stuff upwards/downwards without having to manually change story belonging.
I believe dragging in 3D will keep the current home storey unless you amend it as Tim suggested.
I don't think there is any option to change this functionality.

Cutting & pasting in the floor plan between storeys will change the home storey.

Barry.
Suspected that. Have to deal with elements not showing up ... One of ArchiCADs most appealing features is working in 3D...sketchup style.