The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modeling and drafting in Archicad. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By Mac_the_arc
Hi,

ive recently purchased ArchiCAD 23, so im fairly new to ArchiCAD, however ive over 5 years experience in Revit so am familiar with a lot of BIM protocol and ways of working.

Iv tried importing a PDF into Archicad today, and the first this I noticed was that it was rotated to an odd angle. That not a big issue as I can rotate this to align with x and y ornthangoal view.

I have then tried to draw some lines. I have unputted the length of these lines using the distance on the 'quick reference' tool, however when I do this it seems to click relative to the origin. I certainly does not want to naturally draw a straight line along the x axis.

What am I doing wrong, or is this some quirk of ArchiCAD.
By Barry Kelly
By "quick reference tool", do you mean the tracker?

If so there is an option in the tracker settings to use relative coordinates - i.e. from the user origin and not the project origin.

Barry.
Attachments
tracker_2.jpg
tracker_2.jpg (28.18 KiB) Viewed 127 times
By Mac_the_arc
Hi, thanks. My settings are set so that coordinates are relative to tracker. Interestingly today having closed the file and re-opened it, things seem to have reverted to normal.