The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modeling and drafting in Archicad. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By Bruce
I'm pretty sure this is a bug (23.5005):
I've created a curtain wall with 2 panel types. When I edit the wall and try to change a multiple panels from one type to another, the type changes in the selection, but nothing changes on screen. However, if I do them one by one, they change...sometimes.

The only way I can get them to display right is to manually override the surface...which defeats the purpose of having panel types.

See progress screenshots below.
Attachments
1 Unedited wall.jpg
Unedited wall
2 Main panel selected.jpg
Main panel selected, but not changed
3 Panel changed, but no change.jpg
Panel type changed - but nothing happens
By mnguyen
Hi Bruce,

Thank you for sharing the issue!

I tried to replicate this issue on Archicad 23 INT build 5005, but it did not happen (I'm using Windows 10 by the way). I attached a GIF showing what I did with the curtain wall.

Which Archicad language version are you using? Does it happen frequently, or it only happens randomly/from time to time?

Best regards,
Minh

P/s: for some reason, the GIF is not attached to the post. Here it is:
By Bruce
Yes, the issue happens with a brand new file.

I can reproduce the problem in a new file:
- place a new curtain wall using the template default settings (image 1)
- Select wall and enter Edit mode, select a panel 'column' (image 2)
- Change to either Main Panel, or Distinct Panel (whichever one it isn't) (image 3)
- While keeping the same selection, change the panel type back. Nothing happens. (image 4)

I could not reproduce this problem on my PC, only my Mac.
Attachments
1 New.png
2 Column selected.png
3 Changed to main.png
4 Changed to distinct.png
By mnguyen
Hi Bruce,

I tried with the exact steps you mentioned, using AC23 INT 5005 with macOS 10.14.6, but I could not manage to replicate the issue:

Here is a short video about what I did. All was performed using default template.
What I noticed is that, in the 3rd screenshot, when you choose "Main Panel" for the whole column of panels, it appeared to be Distinct, not Main panel (it should be transparent instead of solid surface). I guess something went wrong there.

Could you reproduce the issue and collect the FastLogger (https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/63116/) for further investigation?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh