The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modeling and drafting in Archicad. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

By Einstein96
Hello,
Is there any way to set 3D view style to semi-transparent (like X-Ray mode in SketchUp, Blender or other programs), without editing materials? I mean temporarily imposing arbitrary X-Ray display, regardless of material used on any surface?
By mnguyen
Hello,

Thank you very much for your question!

In Archicad, there are some quick ways to toggle see-through mode in 3D view:
- Change the 3D Style to "Wireframe". They will become completely transparent, only outlines remain. The downside is it can get messy in a large project.

- Set up a Graphics Override combination with a rule to replace all surface with a transparent material

In this way, you can control the transparency by changing the surface's transparency in Surface Settings dialog.

I hope this will answer your question! Please let me know if you have any further issues!

Best regards,
Minh
By Einstein96
Thank you!
This works but requires some steps and basically replaces all existing materials, so I cannot see textures or color differences.
It would be really nice to have X-Ray mode as 3D style setting.
By mnguyen
Hello,

Unfortunately, such feature is not yet possible in Archicad. As I saw that we already had a similar wish in our database (please refer to it as #6667), I updated it with your comment. Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future!

Thank you very much for your understanding. Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh