The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modeling and drafting in Archicad. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

Hi, I'd like to use the Railing Profile tool to create road markings on roads. It works great in 3D, but the 2D plan view doesn't show correctly - it seems to lump the various elements together to show the 'bounding box' of the rail profile instead. How can I get it to show the content of the profile more accurately in plan?

The attachment shows the build-up of my profile (2 simple rectangular fills) and the white section on plan to the left shows it run along the orange line (with an offset) - it shows as one thick box, rather than two thinner.

Is it a Model View option issue? Or do complex profiles simply not show in detail on plan?
Attachments
Rail Bounding Issue.JPG
Rail Bounding Issue.JPG (84.1 KiB) Viewed 75 times
Your complex profile has the 2 painted stripes, but as far a s the rail tool is concerned - it is just one railing, so shows as that in plan.
You could try using a rail (or top rail) and a separate handrail in the railing tool.
Adjust their heights and the offset of the hand rail accordingly.
These will show separately in plan.

Barry.