The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Forum dedicated to students; the ARCHICAD Student/EDU version; and GRAPHISOFT’s educational policy

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By Brad Cole
Hi there, I apologise if this issue has been addressed before although I couldn't seem to find any info in relation to it.

The problem I am having with dimensioning is when I select the linear dimension tool and then proceed to select all walls I wish to dimension, I then click ok and drag the offset to the side of the project, only 2 of say 5 walls selected show up on the offset although all the selected walls still have dimension nodes attached. Why is it I can only drag 2 of 5 dimension points? I've tried multiple setting changes and been at it for hours to try and rectify yet nothing seems to work, I've never had this issue on any other project. I'm still learning archicad so this may be an easy fix.

Any help would be awesome.
Thanks
Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 7.43.51 am.png
Which version of ArchiCAD?

But at a first guess I would say your walls are not drafted completely at 90° angles of eachother.

Try labelling your walls with this label: https://bimcomponents.com/GSM/Details/21086

It will tell you if they are not at 90° angles.
By Barry Kelly
Erwin Edel wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:32 am
But at a first guess I would say your walls are not drafted completely at 90° angles of eachother.
Yep, that would be it.
Those walls aren't exactly horizontal.

Barry.