The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions about using GRAPHISOFT's tools (API DevKit) for independent software developers

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy, Tibor Lorántfy, MOREH Tamas, Akos Somorjai, Ed Brown, Mihály Palenik

By ReignBough
Assuming that there is initially no property on Property Manager.
  1. Create a property on Property Manager.
  2. Export the created property.
  3. Create a scheme/schedule with criteria of the created property.
  4. Delete the create property on Property Manager.
  5. Import the exported property.
  6. Open schedule. The criteria (with property) is now "Missing".
Why?
Last edited by ReignBough on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
By stefan
This is not a developer question, but here it goes:

When you export a property in a schedule to Excel, there is a hidden column with the internal Property ID.

When you delete the Property, it is gone together with the ID.

When you re-import the schedule, ARCHICAD cannot map this property to something that doesn't exist anymore.

If you try to re-create the property, it'll have a different internal ID. So it is lost forever.

You may be able to export your properties to XML, edit the XML to re-enter the old guid and re-import the properties from the XML to re-create the same guid.
By ReignBough
Thanks stefan.

I am trying to create add-on that uses the property. I saved the GUID of the property on a file. I did the process above except that the scheme is the file I created. That's why I found that this is happening on the scheme.

I already created a work around with this problem.
By daviddelven
Hello,
Any improvement on that?
"You may be able to export your properties to XML, edit the XML to re-enter the old guid and re-import the properties from the XML to re-create the same guid."
Thanks