The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions about using GRAPHISOFT's tools (Archicad API, BIMx API, BIMcloud API) for independent software developers

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy, rmasaki, Viktor Kovacs, MOREH Tamas, Akos Somorjai, Ed Brown, Mihály Palenik, Tibor Lorántfy

You can specify in the grc file where your command will be available. The magically looking tokens (E3, ES, etc.) are for this purpose.
Code: Select all
'STR#' ID_ADDON_MENU "Strings for the Menu" {
/* [  1] */		"Example AddOn Command... ^E3 ^ES ^EE ^EI ^ED ^ET ^10001"
}
You can check the complete list here:
http://download.graphisoft.com/ftp/tech ... urces.html
Viktor Kovacs wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:49 pm You can specify in the grc file where your command will be available. The magically looking tokens (E3, ES, etc.) are for this purpose.
'STR#' ID_ADDON_MENU "Strings for the Menu" {
/* [  1] */		"Example AddOn Command... ^E3 ^ES ^EE ^EI ^ED ^ET ^10001"
}
You can check the complete list here:
http://download.graphisoft.com/ftp/tech ... urces.html
Thanks a lot, it really works. But now I have a new question.
In my plugin I get doors :
GS::Array<API_Guid> elementList;
 ACAPI_Element_GetElemList(API_DoorID, &elementList, APIFilt_OnVisLayer);
In resources, I used "^ES^EE^EI^ED^EW^E3^EL" and I can call my plugin. In 3D window view or Ground Floor I successfully getting the data list, but in Elevations my doors list is empty.

How can I get data in Elevations windows or other(Worksheets/Welcome ...)? Can I somehow get a document and get all the information I need from it, for example, a door?
Archicad API commands are context sensitive. It means that you can't access the same data from every window. This is why usually it's a good idea to make commands work over floor plan only (some of the internal commands work this way, too).

When you are over a section window, you can access only the elements on that section. It is possible to switch to floor plan database, access the elements and switch back to the original database, but I don't recommend this workflow. If it's not a strong requirement to make it work over sections, it's a better choice to disable it.