The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions about using GRAPHISOFT's tools (Archicad API, BIMx API, BIMcloud API) for independent software developers

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, gkmethy, mnguyen, Viktor Kovacs, Mihály Palenik, Tibor Lorántfy, rmasaki, MOREH Tamas, Akos Somorjai, Ed Brown

By Tomer1
Ralph Wessel wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:29 pm Are you using Start Debugging from VS to begin the debugging process?
I am just using Ctrl alt p and attaching to ac process.
That’s what I did Back with AC21 and worked..
By Tomer1
I am using VS2019 with 2019 toolset. When changing to 2017 tool set (v141), I am getting a LOT of errors for most of the includes in the solution.. it somehow breaks the solution.
On which platform toolset should I work and how if the answer is 2017? (Of course I prefer newest toolset)
By Tomer1
Ralph Wessel wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:12 pm The example projects use the Windows 8.1 SDK, so we're doing the same. I haven't seen any documentation with a specific recommendation for that.
So I installed 8.1 SDK and now using it. Still can’t debug. Still error lnk4099 about the API_c.pdb not found..
Tomer1 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:38 pmI installed 8.1 SDK and now using it. Still can’t debug. Still error lnk4099 about the API_c.pdb not found..
The warning about API_c.pdb not found is irrelevant - we see that all the time, and I suspect it's unavoidable. It's not an error and won't prevent debugging.

I can't think of many reasons for debugging not working. Do you see the console output in VS from ARCHICAD as it launches? If so, check the log to see if there are any anomalies reported when your add-on is loaded. Also check that you don't have a duplicate release build loaded (which would block the debug version from loading).
I am getting the same errors.
Code: Select all
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\ACLibraryManagement.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\GSXML.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\GSRoot.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\GSXMLUtils.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\InputOutput.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\shlwapi.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\TextEngine.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\Geometry.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\GSUtils.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\VectorImage.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\LibraryLocalization.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\LibraryManager.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\ObjectDatabase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\BuiltInLibrary.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\TWClientBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\TWRoot.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\Teamwork.Server.ProjectManager.Common.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\VBUtils.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\AttributeManager.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\VBAttributes.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\ElementManager.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\VBElements.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\VBElemOperations.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\DG.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\GDL.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\Model3D.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\GSModeler.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\GSModeler2D.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\LibPartFile.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ARCHICAD.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\Pattern.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
I really don't know what to do so i can make it work.
Have you tried setting Archicad.exe as debug command and just hit debug in Visual Studio? You can right click on the project, select Properties, and replace Debugging/Command to your Archicad.exe, and just click Debug.

Please note that while your Add-On is not loaded into memory the breakpoint will appear as disabled and comes alive only when your Add-On is executing a command.

ac_debug.png
ac_debug.png (36.47 KiB) Viewed 206 times
Well after I set that debugger to the Archicad.exe the debugger works. Still I get a lot of messages in the output but I disabled the module Load and Unload messages.

Thank you very much, Viktor Kovacs.

PS: Is it okay that I deleted the ALLBuild project from the projects?
Attachments
2021-06-15 10_48_00-Window.jpg
2021-06-15 10_48_00-Window.jpg (356.58 KiB) Viewed 90 times