The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions about using GRAPHISOFT's tools (API DevKit) for independent software developers

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy, MOREH Tamas, Akos Somorjai, Ed Brown, Mihály Palenik, Tibor Lorántfy, rmasaki

I installed the latest Python version - AC23_3000. I noticed that there are a few more functions available that are not listed in the supplied documentation. (Used -- GS Listing.py)

Is there a updated documentation file available or am I not using the latest version?
Why are comments closed in the blog?
And understand, it is better to write the questions here?
I was wondering why they decided to leave behind the scenes the definition of functions from the documentation? I would be very interested to try to define them myself.
I parsed almost all the examples and more or less well understood the work of the API.
The GetElement() function works very strangely. And it is not even in the documentation.
Due to limitations and lack of features, it is very difficult to come up with a more or less working implementation. But something that works as in the examples like as working with a book of layouts can be put to work.
Will there be any news? I had to start diving into the original C++API.
This Python development is in its experimental stage so we will see if and when a permanent implementation will come. I think odds are it will because at the Key Client Conference this summer, GRAPHISOFT talked about their plans to expand the API with Python and JSON. But we will have to wait and see how it pans out.
LaszloNagy wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:34 am
This Python development is in its experimental stage so we will see if and when a permanent implementation will come. I think odds are it will because at the Key Client Conference this summer, GRAPHISOFT talked about their plans to expand the API with Python and JSON. But we will have to wait and see how it pans out.
I need help

You can tell how to control the drawing bounds using the PlaceViewsToLayoutsFromExcel script. Maximum what I was able achieve can be watch in attached file and on video as this works. I don't know how to control the drawing bounds.
I tried to influence API_Box. Can there be that solution in API_Polygon?
Attachments
(2.19 KiB) Downloaded 1 time