The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions about using GRAPHISOFT's tools (Archicad API, BIMx API, BIMcloud API) for independent software developers

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy, rmasaki, Viktor Kovacs, MOREH Tamas, Akos Somorjai, Ed Brown, Mihály Palenik, Tibor Lorántfy

By poco2013
I am trying to get output from the Debug Monitor in VS 2017 and C++ within Windows 10. There does not appear to be any detailed instructions as to how to do this other than attach Archicad to the debugger in VS. I have done this and still can not get any output from the DB functions in the VS output pane. The attachment in VS appears to be correct as I am getting the initial output in the output debug pane.

The documentation states :"start the Debug Monitor application while/before ARCHICAD is running" Where is this??

Is there anything I need to do within Archicad to start the process? I did download the Debug Monitor zip file and unzipped it as mentioned in the Blog. Because of the lack of details in the API documentation and API Blogs, I assume the process is very simple and obvious. But for some reason not to me? Need a few hints-- missing the obvious? Using version 24.

EDIT: The load messages look ok except the last message gives the error:

'ARCHICAD.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\GSCEF\CefSharp.Core.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.