The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Visual appeal, Interactions (Navigate, Select, Edit, Input), User Interface Components...

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

What is your opinion about this Wish?

Essential
No votes
0%
Important
40%
Average
No votes
0%
Not Important
20%
Not Needed
40%
after 11 years of using archicad, I notice that when I use SEO, 99% of the time I am doing "subtraction with upward extrusion. I would love to have a separate button on the toolbar for this, or at the very least change the default SEO from "subtraction" to subtraction with upward extrusion.
This is interesting because I have recently done some modeling and most of the time I was using the "Subtraction" operation in the SEO Palette. So, I do not think that setting this setting to one or another option will be universally good for all users.
Maybe the better option would be to have the ability for the user to select one of the options as Default. The choice would be saved with the Work Environment (which contains user-specific choices).

Another way (and maybe the easiest way) to solve this would be for the SEO Dialog to simply remember the last state of the "Choose Operation" field, instead of always reverting back to the "Subtraction" option when you close the Palette.
LaszloNagy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:07 pm Another way (and maybe the easiest way) to solve this would be for the SEO Dialog to simply remember the last state of the "Choose Operation" field, instead of always reverting back to the "Subtraction" option when you close the Palette.
I would like that solution 👍🏻
Hi All,

Thank you very much for creating this poll, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as Wish #13019). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh