The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Visual appeal, Interactions (Navigate, Select, Edit, Input), User Interface Components...

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, gkmethy, mnguyen

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
83%
Important (4)
17%
Average (3)
No votes
0%
Not important (2)
No votes
0%
Not needed (1)
No votes
0%
I was passing by this thread and as there is no activity for a while (and I didn't find any wish post here) I've decided to create this wish from our fellow Matthew. I think its a very important wish and don't deserve to be forgotten... I vote essential!
Sorry, I didn't get it. There was update for hotlinks several years ago, is it not the same? I can place my multi-storey hotlink that can follow storey heights and elevations, as it set inside of holinked file and not as in master. What else is needed?
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 00.07.11.png
Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 00.07.11.png (62.25 KiB) Viewed 218 times
Podolsky wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:10 am Sorry, I didn't get it. There was update for hotlinks several years ago, is it not the same? I can place my multi-storey hotlink that can follow storey heights and elevations, as it set inside of holinked file and not as in master. What else is needed?
It's good enough for me - thanks for pointing this out, as I haven't used multistory hotlinks in quite a while!

A limitation still, quoting the Help file, is "If you try to place a multistory module into a host project that contains fewer stories than the module you are placing, the module stories which do not “fit” in the host project will not be visible." So, if you are building a campus of buildings... will you get a warning for the missing stories or will the content just not appear in the project? I did not test. Seems ARCHICAD could offer to automatically create the new stories. Otherwise, you have to track which of many hotlinked files has the most stories and create that many in advance.
Karl Ottenstein wrote:will you get a warning for the missing stories or will the content just not appear in the project?

You get a warning when you add the module and a note next to the module in the manager. You then need to manually add the required extra stories for the relevant content to be visible, so in the end your master file will match the story count of your largest modules.

Ling.
The thing is that this Offset inside the Hotlink Insertion Dialog just elevate the whole hotlink geometry. In this example, these two buildings are from the same module, with different site elevation, but both at the ground level.
Hotlink_Delta.jpg
Hotlink_Delta.jpg (48.87 KiB) Viewed 166 times

I think Matthew's wish was that the "delta" would also be added to the local FPCP setting. This would make walls from the upper building appear cut on the plan. As well as the roof and slab projections.

Does this make sense?
Lingwisyer wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:20 am
Karl Ottenstein wrote:will you get a warning for the missing stories or will the content just not appear in the project?

You get a warning when you add the module and a note next to the module in the manager. You then need to manually add the required extra stories for the relevant content to be visible, so in the end your master file will match the story count of your largest modules.
Thanks, Ling! That makes this good anough for my personal uses, as I only ever needed a 3D campus model... and a top-down site plan. But, I see the issues that Aaron and Braza bring up concerning the FPCP view.