The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Visual appeal, Interactions (Navigate, Select, Edit, Input), User Interface Components...

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
54%
Important (4)
43%
Average (3)
4%
Not important (2)
No votes
0%
Not needed (1)
No votes
0%
Now, to hide Cameras & Paths on a floor plan, you have to go to Cameras>Path and then select Display Options. Not even a shortcut to get to that buried option.

This should be an On-screen View Option, and added to that Toolbar as a toggle.
By godi
Richard Morrison wrote:Now, to hide Cameras & Paths on a floor plan, you have to go to Cameras>Path and then select Display Options. Not even a shortcut to get to that buried option.

We should need only a new right-click menu option "hide cameras".
So easy should be.
godi wrote:
Richard Morrison wrote:Now, to hide Cameras & Paths on a floor plan, you have to go to Cameras>Path and then select Display Options. Not even a shortcut to get to that buried option.

We should need only a new right-click menu option "hide cameras".
So easy should be.
No, please not. There is already so much in the right click menu. "Hide cameras" doesnt belong there for sure.
Richard is quite on spot with the wish.
How could would it be if you could customize the right click menu to whatever you want? I mean have the usual stuff and then the option to add 3 or 4 more things only you want. Just a thought.
The context menu is smart in that in can change depending on what is selected.
I think it would be a good working method to select a Camera, and the "Hide Camera Path" command would then appear in the context menu. When no Camera is in the selection, the command would not appear in the context menu.
I agree, that's what I mean...maybe they can design a way for us to add that to the context menu.

I would love to be able to have "Redefine View With Current Settings" in a right click context menu. If I had a nickel for every time I have mouse over to the view map, right click, then click on that, I'd have lots of nickels.
Not as good of a solution as having this ability in the actual interface of AC, but I've used this method in my templates for 25 years or so. I have pre-saved paths in my camera tool. I have the tool defaulted to "01 Still Cameras" so I can just start putting cameras in the plan without any preparation. But, when I need to hide them, I go to the camera tool and choose "00 Cameras Off"
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 2.21.55 AM.png