The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Visual appeal, Interactions (Navigate, Select, Edit, Input), User Interface Components...

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

What is your opinion about this Wish?

Essential
70%
Important
28%
Average
2%
Not Important
No votes
0%
Not Needed
No votes
0%
By Erwin Edel
How do you have both screens set up?

Been using two screens for 15 years or so now and I allways have one screen in front and one to the (right) side.

I keep my webbrowser, e-mail, PDF documents, start bar on that right screen (basically the stuff I don't look at that often) and have what I'm currently working on stuck to the screen in front. I would probably get neck pains if I would be actively working on both screens.

Having neither screen front and center would seem akward too.

Would you be swapping views from side to side when working?
By Andy Melaragno
I'll chime in for what it's worth and add that I too think this is an important feature that should be added for us Windows users. I am finishing up my first set of CD's in Archicad and I really want to have one floor plan up on one monitor while working on a different plan. I do think it's a little ridiculous that the feature is available for Apple users and not Windows.
By Bricklyne Clarence
Andy Melaragno wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:51 pm
I'll chime in for what it's worth and add that I too think this is an important feature that should be added for us Windows users. I am finishing up my first set of CD's in Archicad and I really want to have one floor plan up on one monitor while working on a different plan. I do think it's a little ridiculous that the feature is available for Apple users and not Windows.
Wow.
This old thread.
It's almost embarrassing reading it back now seeing as how little traction it got on the development side (not entirely unexpected).

The simple explanation for that is that the developers of this program are huge Apple/Mac/Steve Jobs fanboys (and gals).

To the point where I think it even clouds their judgment on topics like this because fact of the matter is the vast majority of their users (and hence the bigger source of their revenue streams) are Windows users, not Mac Users.
This isn't to slight Mac users, but rather to point out how sometimes their development priorities and thinking could be self-defeating.

With any luck (and by "any" I mean, 'LOTS' of it.) you may have it in ArchiCAD 24.
Or not.
More likely not.
By Lingwisyer
I always thought that that was part of the OS, rather than something enabled through the AC software.
By Andy Melaragno
Lingwisyer wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:17 am
I always thought that that was part of the OS, rather than something enabled through the AC software.
I can drag tabs to other monitors in other programs like Bluebeam with no problem. I believe it has to be written into the software.
By Lingwisyer
Andy Melaragno wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:56 am
Lingwisyer wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:17 am
I can drag tabs to other monitors in other programs like Bluebeam with no problem. I believe it has to be written into the software.

I am talking about AC specifically. I just find it really odd that they would code such functionality into a specific version. I have not used the iOS version so I am not familiar with the actual interactions.
By hampden
Archicad 23 we are going into 2020 and windows still has no multi monitor support - we have so much information to display and cross reference in a drawing set it's such an important productivity issue - everyone in our office has at least two monitors, and most have (2) 4k displays - please prioritize this for the next iteration GS!