The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modeling and drafting in Archicad. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By GOBA
I would like to be able to modify Reference Axis in steel beams, as it is possible with concrete beams:

Why is it not possible? I can’t understand :?
By runxel
Because this beam has a Complex Profile assigned.
You have to go to the CP Manager and change your profile there.
By GOBA
Thank you very much, @runxel.

Maybe I’m not understanding the procedure, because I think this is not practical at all.
By runxel
You're welcome.

I can understand that this seems more like an unpractical solution.
I think I already made a wish somewhere, but maybe not as a new thread. You can always make a new wish on the wishlist!
Some kind of "override" where the origin point of the CP is discarded and instead a bounding box of all geometry is taken into account (where you can select the axis on the the bounding box) would be a very nice addition, because this prevents the duplication of profiles.
By GOBA
Ok, thanks, but do I need to make a new wish? I mean, this post is already a wish.
By Barry Kelly
GOBA wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:49 pm
Ok, thanks, but do I need to make a new wish? I mean, this post is already a wish.
Not really.
This is just a post in the 'Working in Archicad' section.
There is a specific 'Wish' section in the forums.
You can even add a 'Poll' so other readers can vote on the importance of the wish.

As runxel mentioned, with complex profiles you set the origin in the Profile Manager, that is why it is greyed out as an option in the beam tool.
Only rectangular and circular beams can have a movable axis (they can also be segmented beams).

Barry.
By GOBA
Hi Barry, and thanks.

Ok, I thought I had written in the wishlist, I was mistaken. I will make a new wish.