The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modeling (Wall, Door, Window, Roof, Stair...), Favorites...

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, gkmethy, mnguyen

What is your opinion about this Wish?

Essential
67%
Important
17%
Average
17%
Not Important
No votes
0%
Not Needed
No votes
0%
By vfrontiers
Please update the gate object to include:
1. Pair of Swinging gates (similar to D2)
2. Allow custom HANDLES
By mnguyen
Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing the wish!

May I ask which Gates object we are having here? In INT library, I couldn't find any Gate object from the Object tool, but we have the Garage doors in the Door tool. Is this correct what you mean here - Garage doors?

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Best regards,
Minh
By Aaron Bourgoin
Hi Minh, The garage door objects could do with a refresh as well. Large 6m x 4.5m rolling doors (metal and rubber), complete with hardware and structure please.
By vfrontiers
mnguyen wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:57 am Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing the wish!

May I ask which Gates object we are having here? In INT library, I couldn't find any Gate object from the Object tool, but we have the Garage doors in the Door tool. Is this correct what you mean here - Garage doors?

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Best regards,
Minh
I guess that answers that question.... D Hinged Gate 23 ... I see was not carried forward to ArchiCAD 24 :-(
By Aaron Bourgoin
it's in the USA AC24 Library:
Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 10.56.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 10.56.35 AM.png (113.1 KiB) Viewed 218 times
By vfrontiers
Aaron,

Yes I did end up finding it there... Not sure why my first search came up empty..

But still the issues mentioned persist..

D
By mnguyen
Hi Duane and Aaron,

Thank you very much for your help! I registered the request as DEF-5030. Hopefully, our Product Management team will consider implementing it in the near future.

Aaron, if I understand you correctly, what you need is something similar to Roll-up Door 24, but with metal/rubber sheets or panels, and with fully customized hardware and structure, is that correct?

Best regards,
Minh
By Aaron Bourgoin
Hey Minh, yes I think so. I’d be happy to send you some shop drawings to illustrate them more precisely. The are typically supported on a steel frame and the door rolls up into a drum. Clearance for the opening as well as all the hardware are usually critical.