The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modeling (Wall, Door, Window, Roof, Stair...), Favorites...

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, gkmethy, mnguyen

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
65%
Important (4)
20%
Average (3)
No votes
0%
Not important (2)
No votes
0%
Not needed (1)
15%
Attachments
Fig 4.
Fig 4.
4) Adjusting levels again, so the FL of Ground Floor is 0.png (5.19 KiB) Viewed 3374 times
Final result:
Attachments
Fig 5. Hmmm. Strange that it looks just like the "Edit Story Levels" screen before we clicked "OK" and it all turned to pooh. :roll:
Fig 5. Hmmm. Strange that it looks just like the "Edit Story Levels" screen before we clicked "OK" and it all turned to pooh. :roll:
5) Goal achieved.png (11.23 KiB) Viewed 3373 times
BTW, after doing the above storey level adjustments - in AC12 at least - I had to close the project and open it back up again, before I could get the plan views to display correctly with the new (but seemingly not updated) cut plane elevations.
Absolutely Essential !! When working with extremely big projects is essential to have this sort of option. I can't comprehend why Archicad hasn't added this into the tool components. :x I hope that this can be resolved in the next version (24). Please make my life easy!!
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-06-18 at 14.01.42.png
Screenshot 2021-06-18 at 14.01.42.png (1.52 MiB) Viewed 111 times
Ma_Scht wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:34 am Sample: Ventilation routing needs more space above, for suspension. Ventilation ducts shall not move, but is anchored at the same floor.

I would create a new storey for the ventilation ducts (or ceiling) and ensure they are all anchored to that storey.
Now I should be able to adjust the floor storeys independently to the ventilation storey.

You can do the same for mezzanine floors.
Remember walls and windows can span multiple storeys and you don't need a plan view of every storey you have, although this can be useful.
It may not be a perfect solution, but stories are not limited to floors.

Barry.