The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modeling (Wall, Door, Window, Roof, Stair...), Favorites...

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

What is your opinion about this Wish?

Essential
72%
Important
22%
Average
No votes
0%
Not Important
No votes
0%
Not Needed
6%
Add an additional cut fill option when creating new building materials.

This feature would give us more control over how we draft.
I have set up a brick cut fill that reads as bricks should for a 1:50 or larger section, which has been saving me time in making sure that my levels, windows etc are set up to brick-scale.
HOWEVER
This does cause major issues for my walls in plan (as they are now reading the fill I set up for sections)
I am using a graphic overide on the plans to fix the cut fill, however, the graphic overide changes the entire walls hatch, not just the selected building material.

Adding a feature that allows you to set up a separate hatch for plan and section would allow for way more control over drafting.

(allowing graphic overides to effect only specific building materials, rather than the entire element that contains the building material would also be greatly appreciated.
Graphic Overrides will not override a building material fill in a single skin of a composite wall or slab in plan or section. This would be a really nice feature!

It would also be really helpful if the building material name of a single skin in a composite wall or slab could be drilled down to in auto-text. At the very least the list of building materials used in a composite should be available as a "string" so it can be parsed with a property expression.
I actually like this idea, the ability to define a Floor Plan Cut Fill AND a Section Cut Fill for Building Materials. I remember users have had problems with that in the past.
Also, if this is implemented for Building Materials, then it will become available as a feature for all element types, not only for Walls (to which it is applicable).
Yes! This would be incredibly helpful! At the very least, it would be nice if you could override the fills, by CORE, FINISH & OTHER, which I think would help your situation easily. But having the option of defining a separate section and plan cut material would be infinitely more powerful. I’m new to AC... how do we get them to add this feature??? Wishlist? Do they ever implement user feedback?

-Matt
+1

It would also allow for more accurate detailed sections. Where we could set a fill for the cut material.

p.s.: I first voted important, but thinking better I would like to make it essential. Please make that available the change of vote in the Polls Options?
LaszloNagy wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:40 pm
I actually like this idea, the ability to define a Floor Plan Cut Fill AND a Section Cut Fill for Building Materials. I remember users have had problems with that in the past.
Also, if this is implemented for Building Materials, then it will become available as a feature for all element types, not only for Walls (to which it is applicable).
+1 as it would really help in live details and composite / complex profiles
moholland wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:39 pm
I’m new to AC... how do we get them to add this feature??? Wishlist? Do they ever implement user feedback?

-Matt

The forum software does not make it possible to change an already placed vote.