The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modeling (Wall, Door, Window, Roof, Stair...), Favorites...

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

Should there be a zoom (or alternately a separate, zoomable window) for the railing pattern editor?

Yes, prefer zoom.
63%
Yes, prefer separate window.
38%
No, not needed.
No votes
0%
By R Muller
I am working on a rail with 1/4" thick steel components as well as larger wood components. The problem is I can't see the smaller components very well in the pattern editor. Trying to select a 1/4" rail that is right up against a wood rail is very difficult, especially with my imperfect eyesight. It also doesn't help that the 1/4" rail looks wider in the pattern editor than the 1-1/2" wood rail that is right below it.

I keep instinctively scrolling the mouse wheel to zoom in on the pattern editor to better see the detail, but of course it's not possible. I would love to have a zoom feature, or else the ability to have the pattern editor in a separate window like a profile editor window.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 10.21.42 AM.png
1/4" rail
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 10.35.18 AM.png
Railing 3D
Last edited by R Muller on Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Lingwisyer
If you are still able to modify your initial post, it should be next to the attachment option at the bottom, otherwise one of the Mods will have the add it.
By Barry Kelly
You go into EDIT your original post and then you should be able to create a poll.

edit_post.jpg
edit_post.jpg (13.26 KiB) Viewed 251 times
create_poll_2.jpg

If you still can't do it then I can do it for you.

Barry.
By Barry Kelly
Lingwisyer wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:22 am
Barry's fancy Mod options. What does "Warn user" and "Information" do?
I guess the last two option are particular for moderators only.

Warn user allows us to tag your profile with a warning message and we have the option of sending you a warning e-mail.

Information just gives us a little more info about the post and poster that you wouldn't see as a regular user.
Basically just a quick link into the moderator control side of the forum.

Barry.