The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modeling (Wall, Door, Window, Roof, Stair...), Favorites...

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

What is your opinion about this Wish?

Essential
4
100%
Important
No votes
0%
Average
No votes
0%
Not Important
No votes
0%
Not Needed
No votes
0%
By 4hotshoes
#303026
The ability to combine different windows type (fixed, awning, casement, or even a door) in any configuration we can think of. And the ability to change a type with type. This would be identified as a single unit.

Also more grid/mullion options, such as a grid at the top of a window not the full sash.

Arched/round topped window can be created for any window /door or grouping of windows and doors.
User avatar
By Lingwisyer
#303044
4hotshoes wrote:The ability to combine different windows type (fixed, awning, casement, or even a door) in any configuration we can think of. And the ability to change a type with type. This would be identified as a single unit.

As in an ability to group ganged windows to show up as a single unit in schedules?
4hotshoes wrote:Also more grid/mullion options, such as a grid at the top of a window not the full sash.

I think this is more a library inconsistency between regions given the method Barry pointed out in your other post is available for many of the standard windows in the AUS library (and INT library I think).



Ling.
By 4hotshoes
#303071
As in an ability to group ganged windows to show up as a single unit in schedules?
Ling.

Yes. But without the need to have ganged windows pre-assembled as in the US library. I often need a combination of windows that are not available.

From my experience in Chief Architect, there was only one window object that could be changed to be whatever type I wanted (casement, dbl hung, awning). This had the advantage to change a window that is already in a wall by selecting and choosing a different type. So, if I had a single fixed window in place, I could select it and change it to a double hung without effecting any other parameters like size or trim. Or I could change the single unit to be a double or triple unit with transoms. I would live to see this ability in Archicad.
User avatar
By Lingwisyer
#303086
4hotshoes wrote:So, if I had a single fixed window in place, I could select it and change it to a double hung without effecting any other parameters like size or trim. Or I could change the single unit to be a double or triple unit with transoms

In the window / door settings, if you press ctrl + alt (inject) when you select a different window / door, it should copy your existing settings that are common across.



Ling.
User avatar
By Eli Chiasson
#303097
I agree with this wish, the USA library lacks a a flexible Window and Door object.

In our office we have resorted to customizing a handful of the INT library windows and doors to suit our needs, but it isn't without quirks. An object native to the USA library would be best.