The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modeling (Wall, Door, Window, Roof, Stair...), Favorites...

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

How useful would Trace/Ref be in the Profile Manager/Editor?

This would be very useful
93%
Would be useful occasionally
7%
I have no need for this feature
No votes
0%
Wish: To allow Trace & Reference to be used in the Profile editor window. Then it would be much easier to build profiles that fill in transitions of floors/Walls, Walls to roof and many other uses. Otherwise I have to measure and re-draw a mock 2D image of the conditions that are already drawn.

I use the Profile manager/editor a lot. This one feature would be an amazing help to accurate work flow.
4hotshoes wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:10 pm Otherwise I have to measure and re-draw a mock 2D image of the conditions that are already drawn.

You can draw the fills in your sections/elevations and then cut and paste them to the profile editor.
Or create a new detail/worksheet and add the trace reference to that and draw the fills.
That way you won't accidentally leave any fills in the section.

Barry.
Hi All,

Thank you very much for creating this poll, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say we had a similar wish in our Wish List database (please refer to it as #11145). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh