The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modeling (Wall, Door, Window, Roof, Stair...), Favorites...

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

What is your opinion about this Wish?

Essential
83%
Important
17%
Average
No votes
0%
Not Important
No votes
0%
Not Needed
No votes
0%
By Yvonne
Would be useful to be able to override all the surfaces of a railing (and stair) like how you would in an object.
object surface override.PNG
object surface override.PNG (4.04 KiB) Viewed 222 times

For example I use the railing tool to model a screen and all the components will be the same surface but I would need to go into each component to override it.
By Lingwisyer
Not only do you need to do each individually, they are in different menus too...
By LaszloNagy
Very useful wish, I think it is essential.
Just like it is possible to override the Floor Plan Line Types and Pen of Railing, so it should be possible to override their Surface.

I think this wish also applies to the Curtain Wall tool as that is also a hierarchical tool just like the Stair and Railing tools.
By runxel
LaszloNagy wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:41 pm I think this wish also applies to the Curtain Wall tool as that is also a hierarchical tool just like the Stair and Railing tools.
Yes, very useful!
This also applies to beams and columns!
By mnguyen
Hi All,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as Wish #13046). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh