The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Label, Text, Dimension, Markers...

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
64%
Important (4)
18%
Average (3)
18%
Not important (2)
No votes
0%
Not needed (1)
No votes
0%
Both the Wall Label and Section Marker have options to use a background fill for the marker to hide any fills etc. behind. This component of the tool does not actually work. I would like an update to fix this.
Attachments
This is a screen shot of the section marker settings.
This is a screen shot of the section marker settings.
Screen Shot 2012-12-21 at 10.40.31 AM.png (65.16 KiB) Viewed 2347 times
Katalin:

I know this should be a new wish but.....
Any chance they could add "Align Perpendicular to Section Line" to the Marker Text Rotation?

Rotating the orientation and saving views works great...
but the "vertical" section text is always off.
Attachments
Screen shot 2013-01-30 at 9.03.05 PM.png
Screen shot 2013-01-30 at 9.03.05 PM.png (51.52 KiB) Viewed 2317 times
Katalin Takacs wrote:Thank you for the report, we registered the issue of the Section-Elevation Marker Heads in our defect database.
Must be a big data base -- two versions later, no change. I couldn't bring myself to call this "essential", but it would be an easy fix to a frequent complaint!
arqbeatrizrossi wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:52 am Is there an update for this? I cant find out how to add a fill in the markers.
Might be different for different markers and labels.
But for the built-in section marker …

marker_fill_1.jpg
marker_fill_1.jpg (35.26 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
marker_fill_2.jpg
marker_fill_2.jpg (53.39 KiB) Viewed 1030 times

Barry.
Thank you Barry!
Do you know if is there a way to turn on this tab for existing section markers in a project? I can see exactly like you in the new section marker I created, but not in the existing ones from this project (I can only change the fill for the arrow on the marker):
Attachments
Marker_existing.JPG
Marker_existing.JPG (99.31 KiB) Viewed 1018 times
As I said it may depend on the actual marker used.
It looks from your image that the marker fill is referring to the fill of the arrow and not the circle.
With the built in marker it has a separate 'Marker Fill' and 'Background Marker Fill'.

Is it possible for you to swap to the built-in marker?

Barry.