The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Any 2D tool what you need for drafting.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

What is your opinion about this Wish?

Essential
73%
Important
No votes
0%
Average
No votes
0%
Not Important
18%
Not Needed
9%
By Tomek Piatek
Currently the only way to get something that resembles a semi transparent fill is to use a half-tone pattern. This is inadequate for modern documentation purposes. Please add proper transparency support that allows the user to dial in desired level of transparency.
+1. Screens or percentage fills are dinosaurs from the "Desktop Publishing Revolution", i.e. the 90s
By sboydturner
Isn’t this already available, I have fills of 75%, 50%, 25% in my template and I duplicate these and change for other transparencies as needed per project when saved to PDF no matter how close I zoom transparency is consistent it is not a screen.

Regards
Scott
By mbl
You can create your own transparent fills with any level of opacity already.

When creating a new fill, choose type "Solid Fill" and then you can choose anything between 0 and 100% for your Opacity.
By Lingwisyer
sboydturner wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:43 pm
Isn’t this already available, I have fills of 75%, 50%, 25% in my template and I duplicate these and change for other transparencies as needed per project when saved to PDF no matter how close I zoom transparency is consistent it is not a screen.

Regards
Scott

Pretty sure that is due to how your AC writes out PDFs. I have two writers, one will write out every layer and the "transparencies" will be consistent at all zoom levels as the half-tone data is embedded much like a vector line. The other writer will flatten everything and only retains vector lines with the "transparencies" becoming half-tones instead of blended colours. Again though, that might just be due to how my writers perform.

Ling.
I am just using the in built PDF publisher I have found that it works better and more consistently than 3rd party tools (incl acrobat pro and blue beam)

Scoty
By runxel
sboydturner wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:55 am
I am just using the in built PDF publisher I have found that it works better and more consistently than 3rd party tools (incl acrobat pro and blue beam)
Which is by the way powered by PDFtron's PDFnet.
I am still mad, that you can't output proper CMYK PDFs, even tho PDFnet supports that. :?

Regarding transparency fills: That would really be great, often enough I would need those, especially on gradient fills or just when you need both colors to be in color.
Also if your output is a conforming PDF/X-4 transparencies are no problem after all!