The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Any 2D tool what you need for drafting.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
29%
Important (4)
43%
Average (3)
14%
Not important (2)
14%
Not needed (1)
No votes
0%
By Roolio
Would like to see a 1 step chamfer option when editing a fill.

Instead of using the 'fillet/chamfer radius' (pretend version of a chamfer tool) tool option then the 'add a vertex tool' to remove the curve, thus reducing chamfering to a 1 step command instead of a tedious 2 steps.

Thanks,

Roolio
By Aussie John
Yes a little tedious but not as bad as trying to get rid of the chamfer without leaving extra hotspots (or change the chamfer/radius to a different one) - now I would vote essential for that
By Link
Yes a little tedious but not as bad as trying to get rid of the chamfer without leaving extra hotspots
Are you sure about this John? I thought this issue was addressed already?

Cheers,
Link.
By Aussie John
Link wrote: Are you sure about this John? I thought this issue was addressed already?

Cheers,
Link.
Link, well I'll be… your dead right!!! chalk another one for Link (&GS).
I presume this was fixed in 8.1 ( which we didnt receive Downunder till recently)
By Roolio
OK if it has been fixed, and I am using 8.1.0 R2 AUS (2256) , why can't I do it in one go?

Cheers,

Roolio

:x
By Aussie John
Roolio- The fix we are talking about is going the opposite direction. It still takes 2 clicks to make a chamfer.
By Roolio
Aussie John,

Thanks for the explanation, not sure if that has fixed my frustration, albiet mild frustration. Still think it is one too many steps, but hey I'm sure that it will be fixed one day, eventually.

Roolio