The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Any 2D tool what you need for drafting.

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
43%
Important (4)
43%
Average (3)
14%
Not important (2)
No votes
0%
Not needed (1)
No votes
0%
By Craig Worden
Don't think this is such a big thing to ask for, but when you create a patch, the find and select tool cannot be used.

I think this is the same for editing in the 2D symbol window when you open up a library part.

I think this is quite an issue for the few people who use patches, as quite often these would be used in a complicated area on say an elevation, and selecting lines to delete can prove very difficult and gets very tedious.

We use patches quite often, we do a lot of work with Churches, and their decorative windows are very difficult to model, so we model the basics and then finish off the elevations in 2D,

This would be a helpful feature,
By Karl Ottenstein
I doesn't work within the Profile Editor either, which is a similar need. It should work in any editing environment in ArchiCAD, not just some.

Cheers,
Karl
By Valery W
The patch - this is the library part. In the menu "Find and Select" the must choose the following criteria for your search:
- Library part
- Name of the library part

If, when you create the patch, you'll give her name begins with the prefix patch_, you'll quickly find all the patches.
Attachments
Putch.png
By Karl Ottenstein
Valery W wrote:The patch - this is the library part. In the menu "Find and Select" the must choose the following criteria for your search:
Hi Valery,

You misunderstood the wish: it is not to find the patch itself (you gave the correct answer) - it is to find elements INSIDE the patch when editing in the symbol window of the GDL editor. You cannot, for example, find all fills of a certain type - only all fills (fill tool, cmd-A). Same problem with the Profile Editor.

Cheers,
Karl
By Craig Worden
Thanks Karl, i sometimes don't explain things too well,
By Valery W
Thanks Karl, you are well explained.
I also frequently use the patch. In most cases, they have to edit in the GDL-editor. But I have never encountered difficulties with the allocation type hatch. IMHO, hatches in patches not so much, to require a tool "Find and select". It would be interesting to look at your sample patches.

P.S. I am interested in more, that the patches were a tool, not the library part.