The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Any 2D tool what you need for drafting.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
68%
Important (4)
16%
Average (3)
No votes
0%
Not important (2)
No votes
0%
Not needed (1)
16%
Matthew Lohden wrote:

Is there a reason that Drag > press option/alt to copy > type "r" > enter distance doesn't work for you?

this is inaccurate as the distance becomes whatever you dragged plus "r" distance input.

the only way i see to do it on a mac is select line, click mouse on object to select,, then press mouse down and hit option button button, do not drag anything. then input x or y distances and hit enter.

The magic wand way is just way too many steps that half the time don't seem to work.

what we should have is you choose the offset command and then input a distance and then w/ cursor "flick" any object, line, wall ect in the direction its supposed to go. simple, intuitive.

also, the direction in the manuel for how to offset are completely un- understandable.

donald mac donald
Call me an idiot, but if you have three shelves above each other wth a radiused front edge, you use the marquee tool to do the stretch of each a specified distance....
Attachments
stretch 1.jpg
stretch 1.jpg (7.83 KiB) Viewed 9484 times
and in the case of connected lines - the polyline tool senses its perimeter and can be copied and resized exactly as you wish...
Attachments
stretch 3.jpg
stretch 3.jpg (7.4 KiB) Viewed 9492 times
Just regarding using the Marquee to stretch elements, I would love to see Filtering for the marquee tool. So a marquee will only affect a certain element (like slabs only). This would be extremely useful. And while I'm at it a marquee should be able to harve curved edges and be like an object where you can stretch an edge or plus or minus from it (ie associated pet pallette).

Just thought I'd add this cause Dwight reminded me of it.
That curved edge thing is hard to do, but filtered Marquee - the ability to selectively pick objects to affect.... great

moving this to a fresh topic!!
Donald Mac Donald wrote: this is inaccurate as the distance becomes whatever you dragged plus "r" distance input.
Matthew has been in Nottingham, and so hasn't been able to reply ...

Using "r" is indeed precise. The distance 'r' is exactly the distance (as a radius, along whatever angle you are dragging) from the initial hotspot that you clicked on.

Karl
Karl Ottenstein wrote: Using "r" is indeed precise. The distance 'r' is exactly the distance (as a radius, along whatever angle you are dragging) from the initial hotspot that you clicked on.

Karl
Further to Karl's comments, dont forget to have the relative button pressed rather than the absolute option (in the coordinates pallete)
Dwight, I won't call you an idiot, but here's the one corner of the shop so you can see exactly what kind of shelves I had to do. It's not that I'm lazy or whining for no reason...
Attachments
shelves.jpg
shelves.jpg (179.39 KiB) Viewed 1186 times