The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Any 2D tool what you need for drafting.

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
13%
Important (4)
13%
Average (3)
No votes
0%
Not important (2)
25%
Not needed (1)
50%
By alemanda
Is it now possible to place a section in the plan?
I hope in this future ability. I think it as an enhancement of the actual SECTION TOOL with the ability to represent the section directly in the plan ...
By Erika Epstein
Why would you want to do this?

On a layout sheet you can place a plan drawing and a section if you want them to print one one sheet.

In the plan window you can have a section show as trace reference.

Use the marquee in the section window to copy and paste the section into another window. This automatically turns the copy into 2D elements

Or are you trying to emulate 2D drafting?
By alemanda
I'm using Archicad to draw the formworks for RC structures.
It would be very useful to have the ability to represent overturned section directly in plan to show differences of levels across a beam or a wall ... Here in Italy it's common this kind of representation.
Ok. In the layout sheet it is possible but it's quite difficult to control ...
By Erika Epstein
An aside, sometimes CAD programs can be an opportunity to rethink how we have been presenting work.

That said, now that I understand what you are trying to accomplish keep in mind that the successful solution will keep all views of the model section and plan live.

What about the solution where you overlay the two drawings, plan and section, but in the layout book on a layout sheet? You can rotate the section drawing on the layout sheet.
By Karl Ottenstein
Erika Epstein wrote:What about the solution where you overlay the two drawings, plan and section, but in the layout book on a layout sheet? You can rotate the section drawing on the layout sheet.
...and if you need to reference the section while working on the plan, just set the section view to be the trace reference for the corresponding plan view...
By alemanda
I want always alive drawings. That's why I need a tool to represent live sections directly in plan. For very small sections this tool would be a "blessing" (!) and give the user the chance to produce very clear drawings without too many reference to other drawings in other sheets ...
By LaszloNagy
You can also take the Floor Plan Window and the Section Window and show them side by side in the ArchiCAD Window. This way you can move from one to the other with one click. Also show one as Trace Reference in the other, as Karl suggested.