The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Any 2D tool what you need for drafting.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
No votes
0%
Important (4)
No votes
0%
Average (3)
25%
Not important (2)
No votes
0%
Not needed (1)
75%
By Mike Riddle
Our office would like to see the Drag a copy command go back to a one keystroke combination instead of having to hit command "d" and then the option key to get the copy option. Any thoughts on this?
By Karl Ottenstein
Mike Riddle wrote:Our office would like to see the Drag a copy command go back to a one keystroke combination instead of having to hit command "d" and then the option key to get the copy option. Any thoughts on this?
Upgrade to 9 if you must have this feature. Wish already granted.

But, the best working method for drag a copy since 8.0 is to ctrl-drag. (Doesn't work of course if your drag point isn't on the object - for example, maintaining an offset.) And, in 9, the copy is left selected (your other wish).

Karl
By Mike Riddle
Karl,
Thanks for your comments! I ran through the demo for 9.0 and I must have missed those features. I do appreciate you pointing that out for me. We have been hesitant to jump into ArchiCAD 9.0 because of the frustrations we have had with 8.1. There are many things that I liked about 9.0 but when I first started up the demo and tried opening a file it crashed. I thought maybe we would wait for a couple revisions before we purchase. How has ArchiCAD 9.0 been for you or anyone else using it. Thanks for time!! :)
By Karl Ottenstein
You're welcome. ;-)

I've never had 9 crash.

Karl
By Ben Cohen
IT IS ONE KEY STROKE NOW!!!! (in 8.1) Please try dragging something then hit ctrl once, the little plus sign appears. presto!!! you are dragging a copy. No ctrl-d required

footnote : press ctrl and alt together to drag multiple copies (two little plus signs)