The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Any 2D tool what you need for drafting.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
62%
Important (4)
38%
Average (3)
No votes
0%
Not important (2)
No votes
0%
Not needed (1)
No votes
0%
I think it would be very handy to be able to have a toggle that locks on the special snaps once they have appeared. I find the 5 second appearance of the snaps isn't enough when doing something remotely complex. It would also make the use of the snap to distance option a lot easier to use. This could also apply to the special snaps temporary vector

Cheers

Ben
Ben Cohen wrote:I think it would be very handy to be able to have a toggle that locks on the special snaps once they have appeared. I find the 5 second appearance of the snaps isn't enough when doing something remotely complex. It would also make the use of the snap to distance option a lot easier to use. This could also apply to the special snaps temporary vector
or even a preference to change the time they're on screen as well - like the value-input box updates. mind you - i'm often waiting for some to clear so that i can define others . . .

general drafting aids and the UI for them need improving all around though don't you think?

~/archiben
i'm often waiting for some to clear so that i can define others . . .
Yes good point. Maybe a modifier key to get the snaps on to the next element.. eg. set "L" to lock the snaps and then alt-L to jump to the next element immediately, with out the wait.
it sounds a bit trivial but these little refinements are what its all about
Not trivial at all, very important in my mind (twisted and evil as it is) :). The ability to specify a particular snap mode as a one off would be great too.

Roolio
Ben Cohen wrote:seems its only the Aussies who care :wink:
seems like the Aussies are a bunch of babies too... lol.
s2art wrote:
Ben Cohen wrote:seems its only the Aussies who care :wink:
seems like the Aussies are a bunch of babies too... lol.
Now now ... no neighbourly love outbursts, please ...
We just love our kids I guess. :) And we love to draw accurately :!: And I know New Zealanders love other things (keeping in mind I was born there too) :D

Roolio