The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Any 2D tool what you need for drafting.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

Gap at Corner or Wrap?

Gap
1%
Wrap
99%
After 10 years of working with Archicad and being bothered by this problem, I noticed that FILLS with dashed lines along the edge (what are they called in English...?) actually DO behave the way they should: no gap in corner. Now why can it be impossible to make polylines and slabs behave like this too...
There must be different people responsible for programming the fill, slabs roofs, etc.
One person got it right. :wink:
Barry.
Julius Jääskeläinen wrote:After 10 years of working with Archicad and being bothered by this problem, I noticed that FILLS with dashed lines along the edge (what are they called in English...?) actually DO behave the way they should: no gap in corner..
Didn't work for me! Frustrated with a repeating rectangle that just didn't look right, I converted it to a fill with a broken line border using the same line type.

Exactly the same problem: the border lines didn't join up at the corners.
Julius Jääskeläinen wrote:After 10 years of working with Archicad and being bothered by this problem, I noticed that FILLS with dashed lines along the edge (what are they called in English...?) actually DO behave the way they should: no gap in corner. Now why can it be impossible to make polylines and slabs behave like this too...
Interesting > i tried quite a few polylines, fills, and slabs with the same broken border line. On my Mac OS-X with AC15-3602 - Julius is right, the fill shape boundary always wrapped the corner with an unbroken line, while the polyline and slab would break at a corner or two. Varied the sizes, shapes, and broken line type lots.

So, GS, what gives? Seems that a fill boundary would be same source code as a polyline or boundary of a slab. Yes / No?
Sorry for my childish question, but what the difference between gap and wrap?
It refer only on 2D elements?
I work in almost all my projects with fills and polylines, and I don't see a difference at corners related on this names. :(