The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Plan, Section, Elevation, Schedule, Layouting...

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

What is your opinion about this Wish?

Essential
No votes
0%
Important
No votes
0%
Average
No votes
0%
Not Important
No votes
0%
Not Needed
No votes
0%
By Odd Goderstad
Doors have an ID that defines the door, but as there could be many doors with the same ID we need a unique ID for each door, that is human readable, and structured. We could use the connection to/from zone, but run into problems when there are several doors connected to a corridor. It should be a possibility to have a setting in the door parameter that defines that the doornumber should be generated from the zone it opens into, or opens from. And also add a number if there is more than one door in that room. Example: S2-R234.4-I = Story 2, room 234, door number 4 in that room, and opens into that room. And it should be able to be used in doortags, labels, schemes, and Find&select.

As I write this I realize I could use some expressions to do this, maybe exept doornumber in room? But I am no master of expressions :mrgreen: Perhaps implement it in the Template?
By mnguyen
Dear Odd,

Thank you very much for sharing your wish!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as Wish DEF-2741). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you once again, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh