The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Plan, Section, Elevation, Schedule, Layouting...

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

What is your opinion about this Wish?

Essential
64%
Important
14%
Average
7%
Not Important
7%
Not Needed
7%
...for the moderators: It would be super helpful if the next version added the ability for more elements to have visibility controlled / limited to the view range, especially slabs. Without that option it makes it way harder to show and hide items above and below the cut line. There are workarounds...but they are workarounds and leave something to be desired.
holmarch wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:52 pm
I wanted help… not insults or be shamed!

Sorry, I was not trying to insult or shame you.
Just correct what you had written.

holmarch wrote:
If you use the 3d cutaway tool and cut from the bottom and look up, that is what you would see. See the attached that I generated this way. Of course, it needs to be flipped/mirrored, so it is the same orientation of the plan. But you get the idea. Archicad should be able to do this.

No don't use the 3D cutaway tool and then look up.
It will be mirrored as you say.
Use the floor plan and save as a 3D Document as explained in the video.
Actually I don't even do that but I rarely need detailed ceiling plans.
I just activate the layers I need to create an electrical and/or ceiling plans.
Then add objects, elements and linework for the lights, ceiling grids, etc., to produce the plans I need.

holmarch wrote:
The video link provided does not show an RCP since they turn off the balcony. You need to see the balconies, soffits, roof line, etc. so you can detail, place finishes, lights etc.

That is your choice.
You can adjust the cutting plane and offsets to show what you want if you use the 3D Document method.
I am still not convinced that a 3D Document is needed, but as I say I rarely do a real RCP.

holmarch wrote:
You should not see beams as dotted lines

That is your choice with the Model Veiw Option settings saved with the view of your RCP.

holmarch wrote:
and you should not see the valleys and ridges on the roof.

Unfortunately you either see the entire roof (perimeter, hips, ridges, etc.) or nothing.
You can't just show the perimeter of a roof unless you draw it yourself as linework.
Unless I have been missing something all these years (which could be possible).

holmarch wrote:
Also, a simple 2x2 or 2x4 gird is very restrictive

You can use any fill that you want or use an actual ceiling grid object.
Or construct it yourself with beams and slabs (that is the hard way I think), or I have heard of some using the curtain wall for ceiling grids.

holmarch wrote:
I see no mention of how to place, fire protection, systems, HVAC, etc.

The same as you do any other objects and elements.
Create new layers if you need to so you see them only in the RCP.

holmarch wrote:
and a complex profile of a beam does not show the detail, just the outline.

Again MVO settings allow you to show the edges and/or axis of a beam.
Beams can now have cover fills as well.

Barry.
Jeff Galbraith wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:56 am
...for the moderators: It would be super helpful if the next version added the ability for more elements to have visibility controlled / limited to the view range, especially slabs. Without that option it makes it way harder to show and hide items above and below the cut line. There are workarounds...but they are workarounds and leave something to be desired.
Unfortunately this is not in the control of the moderators.
We just look after this forum and are humble Archicad users just the same as you.
There is a wish section that is looked at by GS.
I am not guaranteeing they will be considered but many get flagged by GS and become official requests.

Barry.
All the arguing aside, the intent of the original wish I think is essential to create a true 'Reflected Ceiling Plan' it shouldnt be hard to generate automatically without having to use 2d overlay or graphic override workarounds.

Like he said its all there in CAD/BIM 3D it should just be able to project/mirror/flip as required automatically to display correctly, with simple on off layer control, another great time saving feature for ArchiCAD to have on its tool belt.