The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Plan, Section, Elevation, Schedule, Layouting...

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

What is your opinion about this Wish?

Essential
89%
Important
11%
Average
No votes
0%
Not Important
No votes
0%
Not Needed
No votes
0%
Hi,

Is there a way to modify the grid object used by the grid tool?
I would like to modify a few things to fit my needs:

1. disable the shape around the grid Name (circle, rectangle, etc.) for visual clarity:
grid_desired.png
grid_desired.png (19.96 KiB) Viewed 395 times

I can do this when the paper is clear white, just set the outline to white, it "disappears", but it is visible again when there is a fill underneath (cut ground, or other things).

2. make the "square" shape aligned and use it as a background for clarity, but as small as possible. (Btw, this option should be called "diamond" in my opinion.)
grid_problem.png
grid_problem.png (307.48 KiB) Viewed 395 times

3. right now the text offset is controlled by the shape size, I don't like this, I would like to create an offset parameter that can be different from the shape size.

The things I tried so far: the grids can be opened, I am using the "Standard grid marker". I've started modifying how it looks, but I fail to load with the grid tool.

Is there a way to do it? I really don't want to draw my grids in 2D on all the views...
As you already found out the grid marker is a fairly standard GDL object.
However, and this is a bad design choice and should be addressed by GS, you can not choose a different marker.
I had the same issue a couple of months ago and had to resign. I tried a lot of shenanigans but I have to conclude that it seems impossible to get to deploy your own marker.

Please GS! Make a nice little button there so we can choose between markers! Maybe in AC24 update 3, huh?
+1 to make this happen!

In the meantime I saved the grid object as a new one, changed the object subtype to "Model Element" so I can place it individually, manually re-entered the AC_ variables (is there a way to keep them when you change the object subtype?) ...but I'm not sure how the section/elevation display is handled, it doesn't show up there.
I also have weird glitches with the text display in floor plan - if I zoom out, the grid name disappears.

I think it wasn't meant for "standalone" use.
Hi All,

Thank you very much for sharing your wishes and requests, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as Wish #12950). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future. Personally, I definitely agree with all points above!

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh