The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Plan, Section, Elevation, Schedule, Layouting...

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, gkmethy, mnguyen

What is your opinion about this Wish?

Essential
No votes
0%
Important
50%
Average
No votes
0%
Not Important
No votes
0%
Not Needed
50%
By Podolsky
I just realized that the use of Zones always was problematic because of the complexity of geometry (height, roof trims and beams). Why not make generation and update of Zones completely automatic by program, where user controls only number and name.
I also think that a completely re-designed zone tool could have options for interior elevation generations (because currently you need to place zone first and after place interior elevation manually, that is not a very simple task). Zones could be shown in section. Zones could have the painting tool - to literally paint the walls in the room and get quantities of painting.
There are plenty of possibilities.
By jl_lt
the fact that zones dont show data in section or elevation is one of those basic things that ArchiCAD has gotten away with for far too long.

automátic detection of space boundaries (i understand there are far too many variations and conditions to ask for 100% accuracy, but how about 80%?) and a or semi automatic naming and coding criteria would be nice aditions too.
Actually, I recall Graphisoft had a fairly advanced space management program (ArchiFM) they spun off some years ago. Perhaps it would be helpful to have some limited version of that as a built-in module?
By jl_lt
Marc H wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:03 am Actually, I recall Graphisoft had a fairly advanced space management program (ArchiFM) they spun off some years ago. Perhaps it would be helpful to have some limited version of that as a built-in module?
Sounds nice. What happenned to it?
It still exists as a separate company.
It was recently acquired by a large Hungarian company (TUNGSRAM) and it became its subsidiary:

https://archifm.net/