The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

TeamWork, CAD Manager Tools, XREFs, Hotlinks...

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

Issue Manager improvements

Essential
83%
Important
17%
Average
No votes
0%
Not Needed
No votes
0%
By vazkez
With ArchiCAD 24 old Mark up tools has been improved and renamed to Issue Manager. With the new tool you can make a new issue, assign elements to it, give it a status, priority, labels etc. It is a great tool to communicate within and outside of the team. However I have two problems with new Issue Manager.

1. You can not control the visibility of the issues on layouts (through views). You can not hide elements that are assigned to selected issues or show them as colour coded (new/modified/deleted) on particular views. It seems like that Issue Manager is only useful while communicating through the Teamwork or bcf exchange - but not through the published prints/pdfs/dwgs. This is a huge limitation of that tool.
Issue Organizer might be equipped with something like Issue Combinations (similar to Layer Combinations) and be part of the View Settings control.

2. In previous version of ArchiCAD you could define element’s colour overrides (outline and highlight) with Mark Up Styles. Now colours are hard coded (e.g.. deleted elements are red). I think that colours assign to element status should be controlled with Graphic Overrides similar as it works with Renovation status.
By mnguyen
Hello,

Thank you very much for creating this poll, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as Wish #12981). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh