The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

TeamWork, CAD Manager Tools, XREFs, Hotlinks...

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
76%
Important (4)
21%
Average (3)
3%
Not important (2)
No votes
0%
Not needed (1)
1%
By Lingwisyer
DGSketcher wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:44 pm
Gergo Jankovics wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:54 am
Problem with external module-files:
all the attributes (layers, layer combinations, pens, materials, layered structures, etc.) AND saved views (for different scales and floor plan, ceiling plan, etc.) need to be created identically in each separate module files and in the mother-file too, where these modules are placed.
This is one of the reasons I avoid modules. I got in a real mess with this once with changed attributes on an evolving project.

It would be a big step forward in usability if GS made in place editing available.

Is not that the reason why some people work with modules on negative stories? By doing this, everything is still contained within the one file. You end up with a million stories though...

Ling.
By DGSketcher
You can work on negative storeys but depending on what you’re creating this isn’t particularly efficient. I get it that modules are intended for repetitive instances, but they also offer a more robust solution than grouping for one off or limited use assemblies. I don’t know about everybody else’s working practices but my grouping control is switched multiple times during drawing which makes unexpected selections and editing within a group an unwelcome risk.