The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Producing imagery with ARCHICAD or 3rd party products; Surfaces; Lighting; Cameras; Artlantis/Cinema 4D/Maxwell etc.

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

By sboydturner
Sorry, new forum format is not displaying signatures on mobile, maybe a setting I need to change.
Scott
By Barry Kelly
Sorry, new forum format is not displaying signatures on mobile, maybe a setting I need to change.
Scott
No problem.
I have never really noticed but you are correct.
I just checked my settings and it says that it should be displaying signatures.
But I guess that is just a setting for the forum and that the mobile version just doesn't show the signatures for some reason.

It does show if you tap on the poster's profile though.
We just have to remember to do that.

Barry.
By LaszloNagy
It does not show Signatures on mobile for me either.
I have let the developers know about this. We will see if this is a feature of the phpbb forum software or something can be done about it.
By KeesW
Are people still using Atlantis? Wouldn’t that be faster than CineRender?
By Erwin Edel
I've stopped using Artlantis since CineRender got added. I don't have first hand experience since version 4.5, however some of the things I've heard from others suggest that the speed has gone down a bit.

I'm quite happy with my current workflow with CineRender, however. Typical residential projects (700-2000 m³ gross volume) we do, have render times of under 3 minutes for the colour renders with output quality comparable or better than what I was doing in Artlantis. I would also say the library of surfaces in ArchiCAD surpasses what we had in Artlantis 4.5 and that was with several CD-ROMS with shaders we had bought.

What I have seen from Twinmotion is impressive stuff, though. Still, as I have said before: it is another bit of software to buy and keep up to date, so I am happy with CineRender filling that spot.

The workflow is a bit different, but I have written on some other topics how I go about creating fairly quick renders to fill our need for doing them in under 5-10 mins (including photoshop), since we typically push them out with every design change we show to the client.