The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Producing imagery with Archicad or 3rd party products; Surfaces; Lighting; Cameras; Artlantis/Cinema 4D/Maxwell etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

The problem is that the sun does not only shine through the windows. It is necessary that the rays enter the room only through the windows. To make the correct render of the plan.
This is possible, but requires some faking with special surfaces.

Here is a detailed tutorial in Russian how to do this with a wall. You just need to swap out the wall idea for your ceiling or the fictional plane that cuts your floorplan. If, like me, you don't speak Russian: you can have youtube translate and add subtitles.

Erwin Edel wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:00 am This is possible, but requires some faking with special surfaces.

Here is a detailed tutorial in Russian how to do this with a wall. You just need to swap out the wall idea for your ceiling or the fictional plane that cuts your floorplan. If, like me, you don't speak Russian: you can have youtube translate and add subtitles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the answer. I meant a little different. We need to render the room on top but the end rays pass through the wall. I used a 3D section.
https://ibb.co/DMMwcNL